Thursday 26 July 2012

I’ve got the OLYMPIC FEVER!





Headed to the Olympic Park yesterday to make a bit of history.

Everything about the Olympics is exciting. From the pomp of the opening ceremonies to the amazing feats of strength, I love it all.

The stadium is all set.



The Olympic Park interior is looking really good thanks largely to its flower beds, which may have the slightly forced look of the recently-planted, but are no less dazzling for it.

With the London Olympics nearly here, I quote here some  motivational thoughts from previous Olympic winners. These, I find very inspiring and would like to share with you all. If we view the Olympics as a metaphor for life, we can create these values within ourselves.

1. I never competed against anyone else. I competed against perfection - Carl Lewis (winner of 10 Olympic medals, including 9 gold).

2. When I go out on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it is a competition - Katarina Witt (German figure skater, 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics).

3. And then in life, you always have to try, and today, I may not have succeeded, but I am happy to have tried to beat my record - Noureddine Morceli (Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics).

4. I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match - Mia Hamm (American football player, 2004 Summer Olympics).


5. When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more - Florence Griffith Joyner (American athlete, 1988 Summer Olympics).

6. The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else. It has to be yours - Peggy Fleming (American figure skater, 1968 Winter Olympics).

7. To anyone who has started out on a long campaign believing that the gold medal was destined for him,, the feeling when, all of a sudden, the medal has gone somewhere else, is quite indescribable - Sebastian Coe (two-time winner at the Olympics, after losing the 800m final in 1980).

8. Olympics - A lifetime of training for just ten seconds - Jesse Owens (African-American athlete, 1936 Summer Olympics).




It will be real privilege to be part of such a fantastic day even by being a mere spectator. I'm thoroughly in the mood now for the real thing. 


Roll on 27th July!!:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment